Benefits of membership in the Vermont Grape and Wine Council include:
- list-serve for networking, asking questions, staying up-to-date on events & workshops, and buying/selling fruit and equipment
- listings on this website and our VT Wine & Vine Trail online map
- opportunity to participate in state-wide public events-- Wine & Chocolate Weekend and Open House Weekend
- option to be listed on the VT Wine Passport (for voting member wineries open to the public; extra charge does apply)
- access to VGWC grants & projects
- being part of the discussion affecting our lobbying in Montpelier for laws that facilitate grape-growing and wine production in VT
- invitation to be involved with and shape all of the above
- camaraderie with other growers and producers
WHO CAN JOIN?
There are two levels of membership in the council.
- Voting membership (dues $100 annually) is open to any bonded winery or commercial grape-grower (registered as a business with the State of Vermont). Each voting member shall have one vote per entity on issues to be decided by the Council.
- Non-voting membership (dues $25 annually) is open to any other entity who makes or wishes to make wine or grows or wishes to grow grapes or promotes wine producers or grape growers. Non-voting members are encouraged to become involved in Council projects and are invited to be part of our discussions.
Membership runs from January 1 to December 31st. Dues are not pro-rata, so members who join mid-year still pay the total annual dues. An entity can be a single person, family, partnership, corporation, LLC, etc, but each entity must meet the above requirements to be a voting member.
Contact us with questions about membership, or...
To become a member of the Vermont Grape and Wine Council, please fill out the form below for review. We will get right back to you.